Multiple Loan Payment Format
The following is a template for uploading contributions with multiple loan payments.
- Excel (.xls) is the standard file format. If using a payroll software program to extract data, the payroll format indicated below may be submitted in a comma delimited text (.txt) file.
- The standard naming convention for each loan payment file is your six-digit Alerus account number followed by the actual payroll date in YYMMDD format followed by the word loans (e.g., 123456220811loans.xls).
- Use the text under the “Description” column as the column headings in the loan payment file. Fields that will not contain data should remain blank.
- Enter each loan payment in a separate row for an employee.
- Fields identified as Type “A” are alpha fields, they must be left justified and be in all caps; Fields identified as Type “N” are numeric fields, they must be right justified and cannot contain commas or dollar signs except Column B, this field will contain commas.
|A||Y||SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER||9||N||9(9)||Valid employee Social Security Number (no dashes). Example: 123456789|
|B||Y||LAST NAME, FIRST NAME MI||30||A||X(30)||Employee's last name followed by a comma, space, first name, space, and middle initial. Example: DOE, JANE R|
|C||Y||LOAN NUMBER||3||N||9(3)||Employee's 3-digit loan number. Example: 001|
|D||Y||LOAN PAYMENT AMOUNT||10||N||9(10)||Current pay period or reporting period loan payment amount. Example: 25.00|
|E||N||DIVISION/LOCATION||4||A||X(4)||Employee's division or location if applicable or leave blank.|
|F||Y||PAYROLL FREQUENCY||1||N||9(1)||Enter the employee's payroll frequency. 7=Weekly, 6=Bi-Weekly, 5=Semi-Monthly, 4=Monthly|