Instructions for importing files through the Alerus employer site, along with how to view errors and download reports. Includes helpful tips for a successful import.
- Files submitted to Alerus must match the specific file format provided in the template.
- Columns with bolded headers in the template must be completed.
- DO remove the two example lines listed in the template.
- DO NOT remove or modify the file headers in any way.
- DO NOT include column totals in your file. Delete before submitting.
- DO NOT add any additional spaces or characters within the file.
- Unless otherwise requested, the employee identifier will be the Social Security number
- DO use the EXACT contribution description (employer and/or payroll) and plan names listed in the example lines (plan names can also be found on reports).
- To eliminate duplicate HSA contributions, use the same date in column B when re-uploading files.
- Use actual payroll date.
- HSA benefits DO NOT allow negative contributions; the negative contribution records will error out.
- FSA benefits DO allow negative contributions on a file import. Please review the contribution discrepancy report to verify correct amounts have been loaded to participant accounts.
Demographic/Enrollment File Imports (applicable during open enrollment)
- The FSA Enrollment Template with details of required columns and column formats can be found under Tools > Resources.
- For Employer/Employee Identifier use the participant’s Social Security number.
- For the Payroll column indicate Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly, or Monthly.
- Plan Name must be exact (reference your Account Balance Detail Reports).
Log into My Alerus.
Select Imports from the left side menu, then click the + New import.
Choose the appropriate Import type, download the template if needed, then click Next.
Drag and drop or browse for your file, then click Import.
You will receive a confirmation email after your import has been processed.
To review the status of your upload, Select Imports, under completed click the file recently uploaded.
Click Review and then Review and Fix. Fix any errors as needed. If Review and Fix are available, click Download Exception Report and review sheets 1, 2, or 3. Adjust your file accordingly and reupload.
Important: Reports to Review After Upload
- For HSA contribution uploads return to the Import Queue and check the Open-Ended HSA Imported Contribution Report. This report will verify the amount that has been uploaded successfully and notify you of any errors that occurred.
- For FSA/HRA enrollment confirmation, click on Reports, then +New import. Choose Enrollment for the Report type. Please choose a date within the plan year under the Time section. (For example, choose any date after 01.01.2022 for 2022 plan year enrollment information; choose any date after 01.01.2023 for 2023 plan year information). If you sent Alerus your payroll dates after enrollments were uploaded, please remember to run a new enrollment confirmation report to verify updated payroll information.
- For FSA/Commuter contribution uploads, return to the Import Queue and check the Contribution Discrepancy Report. This report will verify the amount that has been uploaded and any discrepancies.