Employer Election Changes
Instructions on how to change employee elections through the employer website.
Log into Employer Access.
Select Employees from the left side menu. Enter the name of the employee whose election you wish to adjust.
The Employee screen will appear. Click on Enrollments.
Click on the Active election you want to change and then click the Edit enrollment. Click Save.
Qualifying events include:
- Change in family status: birth/adoption, marriage, divorce, death of spouse/dependent
- Change in employment status: by employee, spouse, or dependent that affects eligibility
- Dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy eligibility requirements
- Court order, judgement, or decree
- Employee, spouse, or dependent gains eligibility under Medicare or Medicaid
- Change in spouse’s coverage
- Significant change in cost
Choose the update type and click Next.
Adjust the new Annual employee election. Click Save.
If you are adjusting Parking or Transit elections:
- Update Effective date (can only be the first of the month).
- Update the new Monthly employee election. Click Save.
Additional considerations regarding start or end of FMLA leave:
- Will contributions be placed on hold during leave? If yes, will expenses incurred during leave be eligible for reimbursement during leave?
- Are contributions being paid in advance during leave? If yes, specify the amount.
Please note that not all events listed apply to all benefits and the change in election must be consistent with the corresponding event. Participant have 30 days from the date of the qualifying event to make an election change.