When is a medallion signature guarantee is required?
A medallion signature guarantee is required for any of the following transactions:
- Distributions over $100,000
- A bank wire or automatic clearing house (ACH)
- Payment to a destination outside the U.S.
- Payment to an alternate payee, beneficiary, or any third party other than the rollover recipient institution
- Payment to an address that is different than the address of record on the account
- If the address on the account has been changed within the past 15 days