What if I swipe my card for a dental/vision expense and it comes from my health savings account?

This could have happened because your provider/merchant has the item/service or their debit/credit card machine coded differently. You can submit the eligible expense for reimbursement from your Flexible Spending Account. If you choose to pay back the funds to your health savings account you can do so by sending a check with a completed HSA Excess Distribution Request.